Monday, August 24, 2009

Hello

So, my first posting.  I'm quite sure that many culinary people, after seeing "Julie and Julia" thought why can't I write a blog about my food?  Well, I am one of those people.  It's just a good way to keep track of the foods I make and try to actually keep my recipes together so that I might be able to put together a book or something someday.  I absolutely LOVE food.  I think about it all the time.  I would say I most likely lean towards a Mediteranean-ish cuisine, but then again its so hard to pigeon hole myself like that.  I usually just make whatever I'm craving at the moment. 

Last night I was originally planning on making Julia Child's boeuf bourguignon, inspired by the movie of course, but ran out of time.  (the beach was calling me and I just had to visit!)  Instead I decided to make Tilapia en Papillote, for those who don't know its tilapia steamed in parchemnt on a bed of vegetables.  I pulled out my trusty Flavor Bible and decided to use fennel, leeks, baby zucchini, and cherry tomatoes as my vegetables.  I added a side of jasmine rice pilaf for a starch and it was quite a nice light meal.  The presentation is quite nice and the cherry tomatoes just give a lovely pop of color.  My husband really enjoyed it so it will go into my regular recipe file.  Of course the whole time I had planned on taking a picture to post as well, but when it was done I got to excited and ate it instead.  I will try to remember in the future to take pictures.  Anyway, that was it for yesterday.  Work tonight will keep me from making dinner today but I should come up with something for tomorrow night. 

1 comment:

  1. Jen I love your blog! I think I will have to come on and check out your newest recipes and try them out!

    ReplyDelete